The Health Huts are a great addition to our schools and help to keep our students healthy and well.
The Health Huts are open during school hours and students can get:
- Physical examinations, including school and sports physicals
- Sick visits
- Nutritional assessments and counseling
- Treatment of chronic illness like diabetes and asthma
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Behavioral health services, including psychiatry
- Health education
These services are available to students at school. There is no need for them to miss school, for family to miss work, or to lose time due to transportation. There is no out-of-pocket cost for care provided at the Health Hut. If you have insurance, Thundermist will bill your insurance company.
You must complete a consent form and return it to the school before your student can receive care. The form is available below. The same consent form is used for both schools and is in effect until the student graduates.
Thundermist has an experienced team working at the Health Huts including family nurse practitioners, behavioral health clinicians, health educators, and medical assistants.